The experienced staff at NewSpring Pharmacy understands your pain, discomfort and frustration caused by your condition, especially when it comes to the possible causes of rheumatoid arthritis.
Rheumatoid arthritis is an inflammatory, autoimmune condition whereby your body’s own defense system attacks the tissue around your joints. Your joints may not be the only part of your body impacted by the inflammation. RA can spread to other areas and organs of your body as well.
The symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis typically exhibit themselves as the following:
- Swollen joints
- Stiff joints
- Lack of appetite
- Aching all over
- Redness on skin around joints
- Warmth around joints
Causes of Rheumatoid Arthritis
The direct causes of rheumatoid arthritis and what specifically causes someone to suffer from this condition are unknown. However, there are many suspected causes of RA, including:
- Heredity: Research has shown that rheumatoid arthritis can be inherited from parents to offspring. This means that if there was someone in your family who suffered from it, then chances are that you may also get it as well. Also, RA is most common between those aged 40-60.
- Age & gender: rheumatoid arthritis to be more common in women compared to men. However, the linkage of the hormone estrogen with rheumatoid arthritis is yet to be proved.
- Weight: Those with extra weight are at great risk of developing rheumatoid arthritis.
- Environmental toxins: It is possible that certain environmental influences may increase your chances of developing RA
- Smoking: Research has shown that rheumatoid arthritis is more likely to be high in those who smoke than in those who don't. Even if you get the disease, it can be worsened by smoking. Although it's difficult to prevent rheumatoid arthritis, you can lower the chances of getting it by adopting good lifestyle such as quitting the smoking habit.
We work with your rheumatologist and can offer personalized solutions and relief for the management of rheumatoid arthritis and other autoimmune diseases that can affect the eyes, skin, nervous system and internal organs, including: osteoarthritis, gout, rheumatoid arthritis, chronic back pain, tendonitis, lupus and others.
At NewSpring Pharmacy, we carry NSAIDs Like Fenoprofen, Naproxen, Ibuprofen; DMARDs Like Methotrexates; steroids such as Prednisone; JAKs like Xeljanz; Topical Pain Management medications like Diclofenac, Lidocaine /Prilocaine, Fluocinonide among other products.
We offer personalized care and convenient prescription options such as mail order refills. In cases where these products may not be covered by insurance, we offer competitive cash pricing to help with relief of symptoms of RA.
Call Us For Consultation today: 623-932-9800 (Se Habla Espanol) or submit a prescription or refill request online.